Wanted - Hutter spacers..

Buy and Sell - Trade and Public
mjw

Wanted - Hutter spacers..

Post by mjw » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:59 pm

..for racktime. I need a set of four uprights in the size longer than 120mm (the size given is for the cosmetic outer so the bar inner will be correspondingly longer).
PM any offers, please. I have bags full of spares in the smaller sizes so could also do some swaps/p.ex., whatever you propose.
Thanks
Mick

YNWaN
Site Admin

Re: Wanted - Hutter spacers..

Post by YNWaN » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:04 pm

I presume you are posting this on PFM and the Wam too mate? If you don't have any joy I may be able to make you some spacers to add to the legs you already have. Did you buy that Koetsu yet?
Mark

mjw

Post by mjw » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:38 pm

Koetsu man gone very quiet. That said, after five years, I've forgotten how busy working people can get.
I'm grateful for your offer to make from scratch but it would need entirely new legs. The bar inner supports the weight with a cosmetic tube outer that slips over the bar and looks good. I'm sure the bar and tube can be bought, machined and assembled but I wouldn't know where to start.

mjw

Post by mjw » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:30 am

Sorted now, thanks.

YNWaN
Site Admin

Post by YNWaN » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:14 pm

Cool, plus Koetsu also now sorted :) - good news all round. In fact the only negative is that the mag cable didn't perform better against the Ateatus 3.
Mark

mjw

Post by mjw » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:10 pm

Not not better but not to my taste, Mark. It's analogous to my preference for the presence of decent, big speakers over headphones. I have wonderful Grados that Glen bequeathed to me but I hardly use them, preferring a bit of air movement when I listen. Similarly I preferred the intrusive, big wooden box thunder of the Steinway chords to the forensic exposure of the same sounds.
I believe you're away for a while (?). I can run over with your lead next week or the week after.

YNWaN
Site Admin

Post by YNWaN » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:08 pm

Yep, I'm doing the family thing over Christmas and new year :).

Lend it to Steve mate, see what he thinks - but you are welcome to pop over anyway. I'm still going to make up the control lead t compare the two - see if the magnets are doing anything.

I know exactly what you mean about headphones as I feel very similarly myself.
Mark