Film ‘The Last Days Of American Crime’

Non Hi-Fi or music topics
YNWaN
Site Admin

Film ‘The Last Days Of American Crime’

Post by YNWaN »

I’m watching this film right now and I must say that this is one of the worst films I’ve ever seen - I think it probably is the absolute worst if it’s reasonably high budget is taken into account. By far the biggest issues are it’s random and meandering plot - but the editing ramps up this journey so that you are always feeling you must have missed bits. Imagine a normal film but now imagine it edited of all the bits that join the threads of the plot together and you’ll get some idea - ‘what the f**k is going on?’ Is going to be something you say repeatedly during this film. At the same time the characters are paper thin, utterly charmless and some of the acting is so heavy handed it’s like panto! So, any good things - yeah, the styling is okay, the lighting is pretty good and the cinematography is very good - shame that the core qualities are so poor - really, really piss poor in fact :(. I guess it’s good if you just want to dip into it randomly because none of it is joined together and nothing makes sense - go out of the room and get something to eat, you won’t have missed any key plot lines and it won’t make less sense than when you left the room - quite remarkable!
Mark

hifiaf

Re: Film ‘The Last Days Of American Crime’

Post by hifiaf »

YNWaN
Site Admin

Post by YNWaN »

After I wrote the above rant the film came up with two amazing quotes. The first is from a typically pointless character who suddenly says “can you please just tell me what the f**k is going on? - I couldn’t agree more :). At the end one character says to another that they love them and I immediately thought WHY! - nothing happens in this film that would cause these characters to fall in love.
Mark

sq225917

Post by sq225917 »

Yeh, it's a bit disjointed, but a zero on rotten tomatoes seems a bit harsh, the DP does a great job of making it look good.
One more Paradise left to complete.

YNWaN
Site Admin

Post by YNWaN »

It’s so disjointed and choppy I wonder if that’s actually intentional - to reflect its comic book origins perhaps? Makes it very hard to watch though.
Mark

MTPapaDan

Post by MTPapaDan »

MsGriz and I watched this last week and the joint opinion was this must be the worst film we've seen in an eternity! That's saying something since we average a video every day. Remember we are retired (think voluntary lockdown) and I listen to music 2 to 3 hrs before Ms demands a video. Sure it's a graphic novel, but the opportunity to interpret it in a sensible way has gone awry. Someone got really high, read the novel, got higher, and wrote the screenplay. Then the director and crew got high repeatedly while making it. My nominee for one of ten worst ever. Whew. Glad I got that off my chest. By the way Artimis Fowl laid a duck.