M Lite on its way

Non Hi-Fi or music topics
MTPapaDan

Re: M Lite on its way

Post by MTPapaDan » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:19 am

Oops! I just checked and they don't ship overseas. I guess I could forward it? Probably never clear customs..... Shame too!

flatpopely
Site Admin

Post by flatpopely » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:07 pm

I use Autoglym to wash it.

Then use leathers to dry. I once had a car detailed and the guy said the clay bar brought very little crap off the paint.
Flat Earth rocks with PJC!
(Porcupine Tree are the new...'insert fav prog band here')
LP12/Ittok LVII/Tranquility/RubiKon/ASAKA/RadiKal
Soundblaster X-Fi HD
SONY CDP 338ESD
SONY TC-K444esII
JVC AX-Z1010TN
Linn SARA (YNWAN bespoke build)

YNWaN
Site Admin

Post by YNWaN » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:39 pm

zaino is available in the UK (pretty sure I've used it in the past - it was very good):

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/zain ... tAodvzwEEg
Mark

MTPapaDan

Post by MTPapaDan » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:57 pm

Unfortunately they carry only a small part of the overall "system" I used. Z2 w/ AFX hardener, then Z6 detail spray, followed by Z5 w/AFX, Z6 detailer spray, repeat, and then Z8 Grand Finale! The Z5 is a good protector from roads and weather, but it simply does not have the depth and gloss of the system! The fact is the more times you repeat coats the deeper and deeper it gets. Then after a Z wash all you need is Z7 detailer to bring out the show car shine. Did you see the photos on their US web page? The black Pontiac???? I go to car shows and about 60 % of the cars use Zaino. The others are using brand names they were paid to use for advertising. Meguire's, Mother's, Turtle wax, etc. I think Autogeek.net carries Zaino line. (Nope they don't) They have an extensive You Tube library of how to care for your car. Try http://www.zainoeurope.com/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=2 as they carry the full line.

Dan

flatpopely
Site Admin

Post by flatpopely » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:08 pm

Mark rather liked driving the M135i :D
Soundblaster X-Fi HD
SONY CDP 338ESD
SONY TC-K444esII
JVC AX-Z1010TN

YNWaN
Site Admin

Post by YNWaN » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:59 pm

Yes I certainly did. In fact I liked pretty much everything about it - I even liked the colour!

I'm not normally a fan of automatic gearboxes but this one is a real peach (eight speed). It's not DSG technology but it works every bit as well, there's none of that slurring between gears or bogging down that you traditionally get with auto boxes. You can properly stamp on the accelerator and the changes are imperceptible they are so quick and smooth. Talking of enthusiastic driving, the baby 3 certainly encourages it, the chassis is very nicely balanced and the steering is quick and precise and best of all - it's fast - I mean it's genuinely very rapid and accelerates like a stabbed rat :) (thankfully the brakes are also very good). Overtaking manoeuvres are very easy to plan and take place very quickly :).

So what are the negatives, well it's not very gentle on fuel (but then it is very quick), the steering could have more feel (I would also like it to be a tad heavier) but that seems to be the norm with modern electric steering. The cabin is a nice place to sit though with very comfortable seats and all controls fall well to hand (lots of toys on Andrew's car too :)). The Harman Kardon hi-fi sounds good and the whole package feels very well put together. I was really surprised by this car and thought it would be a bit mehh like the Golf R another friend has just bought - I was quite underwhelmed by that. In fact I didn't just think this car was good I thought it was quite fantastic and would definitely have one.
Mark

flatpopely
Site Admin

Post by flatpopely » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:24 pm

This was how it looked just before Mark drove it.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3 ... hoto%2cJPG
Soundblaster X-Fi HD
SONY CDP 338ESD
SONY TC-K444esII
JVC AX-Z1010TN