The future of this forum....

What is this forum about and welcome thread
YNWaN
Site Admin

The future of this forum....

Post by YNWaN » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:45 pm

I've been thinking about this for some time but:

First a little history. When we (Andrew and I) formed AudioFlat we purchased a domain and as part of that came some forum software and web space. A year or so later Andrew had created all the website and, as he was in the thick of it, suggested we create a forum - basically because we could. I was self employed at the time and was posting a lot on hi-fi forums like pfm (pink fish media). Anyway, Andrew created the forum and now it required some content. After a bit of a lull I started to use it rather like a personal blog where I documented much of what I was doing in the world of hi-fi. Not everything I was involved in could be published publicly but much of it could. Anyway, a few years on and I had written loads of content. In fact I found it quite liberating to write this form of diary.

Anyway, times change and now I work full time again and have very much less time to report properly on my activities. In addition, the audio work I am involved in is increasingly less 'personal hobbyist' in nature and more commercial based - as such I'm not really in a position to discuss it publically.

So, looking to the future, personally I wouldn't like to lose all my 'diary' entries so it seems likely the forum will morph into a true blog. However, this isn't imminent as the forum isn't very expensive and Andrew (very kindly) supports it.

I suppose all this is a sort of apology for not posting very much recently. I've got a little something in the pipework (and a much larger something).....
Mark

flatpopely
Site Admin

Re: The future of this forum....

Post by flatpopely » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:58 am

Mark.

I'm happy to keep the hosting up as long as you want, its no issue.

Andrew.

P.S. I should post here more too!
Flat Earth rocks with PJC!
(Porcupine Tree are the new...'insert fav prog band here')
LP12/Ittok LVII/Tranquility/RubiKon/ASAKA/RadiKal
Soundblaster X-Fi HD
SONY CDP 338ESD
SONY TC-K444esII
JVC AX-Z1010TN
Linn SARA (YNWAN bespoke build)

YNWaN
Site Admin

Post by YNWaN » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:35 am

You're busy running your business mate, I understand. I have time to write quick comments but finding time to write any real content is very difficult these days.

Regarding the forum hosting, many thanks my friend (and a happy Christmas of course :)).
Mark

YNWaN
Site Admin

Post by YNWaN » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:54 pm

In the next few weeks it seems likely that I will be taking over the running of the forum as Andrew just has too many commitments. In addition, I am considering changing it to a membership only format where only registered members can access the content (or read the forum). In time it is likely that the majority of the content will be relocated to a personal blog - though there is no timescale set for this.
Mark

YNWaN
Site Admin

Post by YNWaN » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:30 am

I find myself tiring rather of the whole forum ‘thing’. Not particularly this forum, but forums in general. I guess it’s partly that I don’t feel I have anything much to contribute - I’m not interested in any advice and I tire of dolling out the same responses to the same range of questions. As a result I am inclined to fold the forum and export my content to a blog. I’ll have a word with Andrew.
Mark

karma67

Post by karma67 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:15 pm

yeah i know what you mean,i myself am getting tired of forums in general.
there is however some very valuable info on here regarding ns1000's.it would be a shame to loose access to that.

YNWaN
Site Admin

Post by YNWaN » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:58 pm

Perhaps; though as I wrote most of it (the content that is, quite possibly not the valuable element though) I’m not very convinced.
Mark

karma67

Post by karma67 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:19 pm

i mean as a reference for other people who would like to mod theirs. me included.