Pioneer XDP-300R Digital Audio Player

Hi-Fi discussion
flatpopely
Site Admin

Re: Pioneer XDP-300R Digital Audio Player

Post by flatpopely » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:15 pm

That player looks ace!

Digital is more than welcome here!

Remember when my SONY CDP338ESD came up against Marks TT.........
Flat Earth rocks with PJC!
(Porcupine Tree are the new...'insert fav prog band here')
LP12/Ittok LVII/Tranquility/RubiKon/ASAKA/RadiKal
Soundblaster X-Fi HD
SONY CDP 338ESD
SONY TC-K444esII
JVC AX-Z1010TN
Linn SARA (YNWAN bespoke build)

YNWaN
Site Admin

Post by YNWaN » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:21 pm

And lost :).
Mark

sq225917

Post by sq225917 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:01 pm

I'm a bit meh with modern digital playback portable devices. I went from Ipod classic to a couple of modern devices ending up with an all singing all dancing ibasso DX80. Bottom line I ended up going back to my ipod, ditching the hard drive and fitting a quad Micro SDHC card conversion board instead and jamming 400gig plus of storage into it. Long story short, I get 30 hours battery life, if never skips a beat and I'm barely half full even with all my stuff in lossless. Of course it doesn't do wifi, bluetooth or any of that streaming nonsense, but then again - so what..
One more Paradise left to complete.

MTPapaDan

Post by MTPapaDan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:24 pm

One can also connect the Pioneer using the mini USB port to USB on my Anthem 720 receiver (on the front panel). It's sooooo... much better than the 3.5mm to RCA connection!! Looking around I found they make 2.5 mm balanced out to 2 XLR male. I think someone should "borrow" a loaner from a dealer and see how it sounds through his "refurbished" Yammies. ;)

MTPapaDan

Post by MTPapaDan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:38 am

Another update. This is the BEST piece of audio gear I have ever purchased and that includes my NS-1000s! Period. I found an app called DTS Play Fi that allows me to wirelessly to my Anthem 720 which doesn't have Bluetooth? However, it sounds better hardwired. This is great in the car/s with the Bluetooth receiver/s. I have 7900 songs and set it to play randomly. 8 hour drives now seem much shorter. Go buy this! It is a tremendous value. I really enjoy listening to the XDP through headphones. In fact, I think I'll go do that right now. Cheers.

MTPapaDan

Post by MTPapaDan » Tue May 07, 2019 4:48 am

Update time. I have two card slots each with 256G of storage each. I now have over 10K songs in lossless FLAC. I officially have 267G of material. The rest is OS and open space to fill. I have a separate hard drive for back up. This is how I listen to my Pioneer SE5 headphones. These headphones are wired to use balanced (or unbalanced if you prefer) connections. The 3.5mm for unbalanced and the 2.5mm for balanced. I said it before and I stand by it now. The best audio purchase I have ever made. I suppose if you're used to carrying around your phone all the time it would be a pain to lug around a standalone DAP. And if you have vinyl and NS-1000s at home.... Well I listen to the 300R about 50 % of the time through headphones at home and 10% steamed/wired to Anthem/Yammies in stereo. When I get serious I pull out the vinyl. At my age it's not so appealing to have to get up and turn over an album. It's so convenient to turn the 300R on shuffle and enjoy. Remember this runs apps just like a phone except with wi-fi only. You just can't call with it. Technically you can Skype or Facetime via wi-fi.