The BoDeans- "Joe Dirt Car"

A place to discuss the music we like or hate!
MTPapaDan

The BoDeans- "Joe Dirt Car"

Post by MTPapaDan » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:02 pm

Well thanks to Mark and Andrew I started listening to internet radio. I heard this group singing "Fadeaway" and I liked the song. I found a few more songs on You Tube and decided I liked them well enough to buy a CD. Couldn't find an LP. Anyways I found a highly regarded CD (4.5 star reviews) called Joe Dirt Car. I have to tell you this is the best produced and sounding CD I've ever had. I won't go into a long winded review. Let's just say I found them diverse both musically and lyrically. There are enough darker tunes for Mark. Musically, they sometimes remind me of U2 and Bruce Springsteen. My best advise, GET IT!!

YNWaN
Site Admin

Re: The BoDeans- "Joe Dirt Car"

Post by YNWaN » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:30 pm

Looking it up now :).
Mark

MTPapaDan

Re: The BoDeans- "Joe Dirt Car"

Post by MTPapaDan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:35 pm

I found the entire CD on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTcdPfA ... WAvgkJ_0us

I suggest Mark listen to Paradise, Naked, You Don't Get Much, Misery, Going Home, and I'm in Trouble Again. The rest of the songs are more commercial, though I like them alot. Feed the Fire, Closer to Free, and Far, Far Away from my Heart sound like Springsteen, Mellencamp, or John Haitt. Still the Night is an infectious melody, which is obviously very popular judging from the live audience. My favorite is Fadeaway. The echo and strum are unusual. I think the guitar is playing alternately echoed notes. Different. The best song is Good Things. Again interesting guitar work. Tempo is foot tapping. The Bass player gets a solo. The drummer then gets his solo. Awesome!