New Discovery

A place to discuss the music we like or hate!
MTPapaDan

New Discovery

Post by MTPapaDan »

Was watching the HDTV through my Anthem 720 last night and caught a group I was unfamiliar with called LCD Soundsystem. They played selections from their "American Dream" LP. This group uses at least 2 old (early 70s I'd guess) hard-wired synthesizers in each song. It was very rhythmic music, but with haunting overtones and counterpoint melodies. It seemed each musician had one part in a much more complex arrangement. The two songs I listened two sounded very good. One song had dark lyrics. The other song had sad lyrics. The crowd seemed to be rather into the hallucination provided. :o I enjoyed it enough to recommend giving them a listen on YouTube.

Cheers,
Dan
FrostEOne

Re: New Discovery

Post by FrostEOne »

Nice find Dan, liked the video with "Oh Baby" too. "I Can Change" has a 70's sound to it. I remember early synthesizer music, Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells comes to mind.
YNWaN
Site Admin

Post by YNWaN »

I don't know their stuff very well but they have been on the festival scene in the UK for a little while now.
Mark
FrostEOne

Post by FrostEOne »

Best video of them I've seen, LCD Soundsystem - Someone Great (Live on Austin City Limits - Web Exclusive) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZDKP5pnhhM
Shows them all, close ups of each including synths, good song as well.
MTPapaDan

Post by MTPapaDan »

The ACL show video was the song I hit on. That made me explore further. The more I hear, the more I enjoy.